Monday, August 12, 2013

Cocktail Hour and Dinner Time

                We are back at the motel after a full day of birding. We left the motel at 4 am and after driving about 15 minutes returned to the motel for me to get my wallet which I had forgotten to take. That put us 30 minutes behind schedule. Not the brightest move on my part! Our major goal was getting to California Gulch which the most reliable place in the United States for Five-striped Sparrow. It is about 17 miles of dirt road to get there and then a walk down a steep trail to get to the bottom of the gulch. Once there, after a little work we found several of these elusive sparrows. I struggled to get a picture and while the attached shot is not the best shot I have ever taken of a bird, it is a memorable shot. You have probably read the posts from earlier today which told the timing of our adventure.

                We are debating what to do for dinner. We stopped in Patagonia and had a nice lunch and at this time none of us are hungry. We might just have a cocktail hour and not go for dinner. But later, if there is an ice cream place in the area…………

No comments:

Post a Comment